How to install Ubuntu 22.04
Installing Ubuntu 22.04 Server as a Hyper-V machine
1. Getting ready:
2. In the Installation Options of your Virtual Machine select your “.iso” image.
3. When using a “Generation 2” VM (not required with a “Generation 1” VM, skip this step) you need to disable “Secure Boot” in order to properly boot Ubuntu 22.04.
- Take your mouse over the newly created Virtual Machine and right-click, then click on “Settings“
- Deselect “Enable Secure Boot” in order to disable it
4. Now connect to the created machine and “Start“ it.
5. To start the installation select “Try or Install Ubuntu Server“
6. Select your preferred Language
7. Select the keyboard layout
8. Select the installation type
9. Configure the Network Connection
10. Change the Configuration to Manual
11. Edit the Configuration
12. Proxy configuration, leave empty if not required
13. Configure archive mirror, often no changes are required
14. Storage configuration
15. Storage configuration summary
16. Storage configuration confirmation
17. User Profile setup
18. SSH Setup
19. Third-party drivers
20. Server Snaps, chose one or continue without
21. Allow the installation to be completed
Once the installation is completed, reboot, you will then be able to connect to that Server via SSH.